Saturday, October 29, 2011

5 weeks!

5 weeks! (10-29-11)

The idea of another baby is sinking in some, but when you aren't telling anyone, it can still feel a little unreal. Neither Jacob nor I seem to be able to hold back from talking about it with Jack, even though there are several good reasons why we should. A few months back when two of Jack's friends had babies, we started talking about whether Jack wanted to have a baby. (He said he did.) I told him that he needed to ask God if we could have a baby. From that conversation, Jack started randomly saying "Ask Jesus, have a baby?" in the sweetest voice. This was something my mom would just adore, but since we weren't telling anyone we were going to start trying, we kept this sweetness to ourselves.

Well now when Jack says this, we say "Jesus said yes!" We've also asked if he wants a boy or girl baby (girl) and I threw out my two favorite girl names (Hana and Cora) and he's stuck with Baby Cora. I told him that the baby is in my belly and I showed him the pictures of me pregnant with him. He now points to my belly when I ask where the baby is and when I asked if he wanted to kiss the baby, he was all about it. So....probably not the smartest thing to tell your 22 month old that you are having a baby if you want to keep it secret, but we'll see if he can not spill the beans. I'm really excited about the idea of experiencing another baby along with Jack - both the pregnancy, the new baby, and then getting to watch the baby grow up together.



Jack knows where the baby is :)

Week Five Stats:

How I know I'm pregnant: I feel pregnant when I lay down at night - I feel a little uncomfortable and want a pillow between my legs; still some cramping; definitely feeling more tired; started feeling blah yesterday - I feel like I should eat and that makes the feeling go away, but only for a few minutes. So it's a persistent yucky feeling, but not that bad.

Diet:
Ate collard greens twice and 4 salads and cut my desserts by half. Give myself an A- for the week.

My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week (how I did):

1) switch from regular woman's to prenatal vitamins (√)
2) weigh myself (√)
3) schedule a first visit with the midwifery practice in town (√ - Nov 17)
4) eat more greens and less sweets (√)

My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:
1) tell our parents the news :)
2) research baby boy names since I have none in mind
3) since I know I may hit a really sick phase in a week or so, really focus on eating an optimal diet this week while I'm still feeling okay (more greens, less sweets, more water, less juice)
4) keep jogging and doing Pilates while it still feels right

No comments: