- Attracting and supporting more outstanding teachers and principals, and paying them like the professionals they are.
- Reforming the No Child Left Behind Act. This law represented a promise -- more resources for schools in exchange for more accountability -- and that promise has not been kept.
- Increasing access to high-quality early education and helping to create Early Head Start.
- Strengthen Public Schools
- Promote Economic Diversity
- Create Second-Chance Schools for High School Dropouts
- Expand College Opportunity
- Expand Early Childhood Education
- Innovation to Improve Teacher Quality
- Pay Teachers More
- Reform and Fund No Child Left Behind
- Support Teachers
- Improve Testing and Accountability
- Give More High School Students Access to Rigorous College-level Courses
- Expand Summer Learning Opportunities
- Increase Federal Aid
- Free Up Money for Student Aid and Protect Student Borrowers