1) His hello is a mix of serious and nonchalant. He often tilts his forehead down, stretches out one arm slowly and then moves his fingers in a wave. We think this is very cute.
2) He now says da-da-da-da. I don't think he means his daddy, but we always act like he does. I still think he says "Hi" sometimes. This week it sounded like he said "ahh-duh" when he was all done nursing. Today it sounded like he said "nigh nigh" when I laid him down for his naps. So no definitive first words, but lots of new sounds.
3) His sleep was majorly disrupted over the holidays and I think he woke up at least once every night over our two weeks of traveling. Thankfully he's returned to his 12 hour nights now that we are home!
|He pulls up on the barricade|
5) We are really seeing him develop connections with others. It was so sweet to see his excitement to see Ms. Larita after his break from school. He always gets excited when he sees her. I also love to see how he lights up when he sees Jack and Cora. He also loves his school friends and doesn't look back when he's dropped off.
|Luke at school with Ms. Larita and Addison|
|Luke at the Library|
8) As good as Jack and Cora are about making a safe space for Luke, they also pose his greatest danger. There's the Jack pick-up, the Jack tackle, the erratic Jack shove, the flattening Cora hug, etc.
9) No one believes us, but Luke is our smallest baby and his length is at the 25th percentile. His weight is 65th percentile but something about his thighs and cheeks make him seem meatier than the scale says he is :)
10) Third babies don't get to eat table food as much as other kids, but Luke always gets two meals and sometimes even three a day :) He most often is eating melon, pears, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, bread, and dried figs. Some mornings he's interested in our oatmeal, other mornings he'll have none of it. He's a very clear communicator. If he doesn't want a food, it immediately gets swiped off the tray. He still gets most of his nutrients from breastmilk.
And that's our sweet little guy.
10 Month Photo Shoot
|Sticker = Distraction|
|There is no way I'm looking at you when that sticker is back there.|
|Yes a book will distract me but I still won't look at you.|
|A Lutey Smile - scrunched up nose - so sweet!|
|Just over 21 lbs of loving|
|And in the end, the sticker, too, goes in the mouth|