Friday, May 15, 2015

Luke at 2 Months

There's been LOTS of growing going on over here.

Birth: 8 lbs, 7 oz

1 month: 11 lbs, 11 oz
2 months: 14 lbs 12 oz
So breastfeeding is obviously going well :)  He had his first bottle this month and didn't blink an eye.  This kid just likes eating.  And thanks to his hearty appetite, I'm continuing to be able to eat WHATEVER I want and lose weight.  I know it sounds annoying, but I'm choosing to fully enjoy this time of my life!

Sleeping

As he hits the two month mark, Luke still sleeps a lot throughout the day - some days it seems like most of the day.  We don't worry about naps except that we notice if he hasn't had a long sleep stretch then he probably wants one.  If he gets into a deep nap during the day, I do wake him to make sure he's eating at least every three hours because, well NIGHTS!

We have noticed that he's ready to check out for the day around the time the other kids are, so we now "put Luke to bed" as well.  He gets into his jammies and we lay him down somewhere quiet, usually in his own room.  During his day/evening naps, I often lay him down on his belly because that's how he gets the best sleep.  At night, we've always laid him on his side with his back against the side of the cradle.  Nights are still blurry, but not bad.  He usually eats twice (I think) but lights stay off, I usually don't even check the time, and we often fall back asleep together.  I try to change his diaper once in the night because he will wet through if I don't.  But there have been a few nights where the idea of sleeping on baby pee sounds more appealing than having to fully wake up to change a diaper :)

That's a smile at his mama there!
New and Notable

Baby Luke smiles!  He gave us his first smile just shy of 6 weeks.  For another week, we had to work HARD to get a smile, and it was only about one a day.  Then he entered the sweet phase of smiling ONLY at his mama.  When he catches glimpse of me, he always breaks out into a smile. There's pretty much nothing better. :)  Now he also smiles at his daddy and I think we've seen him smile at Jack.  Jack and Cora are probably a bit scary to him as they are so LOUD and pop into his view ALL OF A SUDDEN :)

Sibling Love

He's still the most popular sibling.  I've checked out Siblings Without Rivalry thanks to the Jack and Cora interactions as of late, but 99% of interactions with Luke are love-filled.  See evidence below:




In Other News

While still fitting into some 3 month clothes, Baby Luke is now rocking his 6 month wear.  Landry babies don't stay small for long!

He went to his first Jazz Fest!  He also has been making the rounds to Jack's baseball games where he stays snuggled on my chest as I perform my duties as dug-out mom.

While not the easiest month, we have so much to celebrate and be grateful for and WE ARE!

 



No comments: