JackYou are such a talkative child! You are a parrot if I ever met one. If I want to know what expressions I use, I just need to listen to you. Common Jack-speak these days:
- "Actually... (and then you insert what you think is a better idea)"
- "Suddenly..." (you have a flare for the dramatic)
- "First of all..."
- "Momma, can you please be quiet, I'm trying to think..." (Thankfully, only said one time)
- "Will that be a good plan?"
- "Let's play the biggest hide and seek in the world!!!"
- "Gracious!" (which neither of us says!) and "Thank goodness!"
- He continues to be generous to us with his "thank yous" though we usually have to prompt him toward others
I gave my notice at work a few weeks back that I won't be coming back next school year. After countless hours thinking this decision to death, I came to what feels like a very "right" decision for me. I no longer feel that my role is a good fit for a part time position. I've been searching for project based work for next year which I feel is a better match for me right now. I like to do good work and feel like concrete projects that I can choose to take on, do well, and complete and be done with is a better fit for the balance I'd like to strike between working and having more time for Jack and Cora. I feel very at peace with my decision and patient with the process of finding new work.