Monday, October 31, 2011

6 weeks...

6 weeks... (11/7/11)
The nausea is overwhelming. Last weekend I would have rated it a 2-3 on a scale of 10. It's steadily gotten worse till it's now a definite 6 at least. In 5 days, I've lost 4.5 pounds bc I can hardly eat. Almost all food is repulsive to me right now or at least not appealing. Even several days into this, I haven't even been feeling hungry. Not eating much has led to a whole range of unpleasant symptoms (that I won't detail), not the least of which is feeling even more wiped out. Since this horrible nauseated feeling is all-consuming, I've had plenty of time to try to analyze it and it seems to be worse from about 30 minutes to at least 2 hours after I eat. I'm only eating tiny servings of extremely bland foods (bagel, plain oatmeal, fruit) and it feels okay to eat it, but then I just get this cascade of nausea that just keeps getting stronger until I either throw up, sleep it off, or it finally peaks and starts to die down.

Not.fun.at.all.

In fact I'm pretty overwhelmed. Mainly because I don't know how long this will last and that's scary. I'm also a little disconcerted because I want to be healthy but it seems that I feel worse when I eat and that just doesn't work.

Life is not slowing down despite how I'm feeling. Jack is still almost 2 and takes a lot of energy. He hasn't seem phased by my mainly immobile state (he likes to read books and is happy playing trucks solo for the most part) but even the basic care tasks are wiping me out. I also have work which is VERY hard to get to and get going but does seem to help distract me some from how I'm feeling. In other news, we didn't have hot water for 24 hrs, Jake got in an accident which leaves us with just one car, and we are trying to position ourselves to MOVE in one month...as I said life is not slowing down.

I pray that in a week I'll be feeling better!!

Week Six Stats:

How I know I'm pregnant: there is no doubt - all the signs above; I try to take comfort in knowing that sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy

Diet: even the word is grossing me out

My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week (how I did):1) tell our parents the news :)
2) research baby boy names since I have none in mind a little, I am through letter J
3) since I know I may hit a really sick phase in a week or so, really focus on eating an optimal diet this week while I'm still feeling okay (more greens, less sweets, more water, less juice) for like 1 day I was able to do this
4) keep jogging and doing Pilates while it still feels right
jogged at beginning of week but now that I can't eat, don't think I should be burning calories

My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:
1) make sure I'm keeping at least some food down at every meal
2) stay positive bc I know this sickness is temporary and is going to lead to a wonderful baby

List is short bc I need to keep expectations low this week!

No comments: