10 weeks! (12/3/11)
I still feel the same: nauseated most of the time, but there has been a definite shift this week in my overall tiredness - I've felt more like myself at times and was able to be productive most days. VERY HELPFUL with the move in just 5 more days!!
My baby bump was getting harder to hide last week. I don't have any shirts that really hide my waist, so in my work pants, I just looked like I've been putting on some pounds. But at home, after meals, and in my stretchy lounge pants, wow!! It's really crazy. It's like if I eat even a few bites, someone presses a button and I swell up to 20 weeks pregnant. I am very impressed by how early I'm showing. Jake and I have wondered a few times if Jack's "two babies" prediction might actually be right!!
I plan to talk to our HR Director and my manager early this week, so then the secret will be fully out of the bag.
Week Ten Stats:
How I know I'm pregnant: still pretty constant nausea, peeing in the night, very tired in the evening, and the sensation of density in my lower belly, like I just "feel" that is where the baby is
Diet: I've eaten more variety this week, but am still very picky. I had Jake make me an egg and cheese omelet three nights in a row. I've gotten attached to Greek yogurt and am excusing the expensive habit bc I saw it on a Top 10 Pregnancy Foods list (bc of the 14 g of protein).
My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week (how I did)
1) Email our HR director to get information about maternity leave (will do this tomorrow)
2) Make a daily to do list so I can stay on top of the move + get ready for Jack's birthday (!!) while still making sure I'm getting rest (√ - his party was SO fun and I packed many, many boxes)
3) Go to bed before 10:00 every night (I went to bed AT 10:00 every night, so I did okay on this)
4) Try to vary what I'm eating some to get more nutrients in (√)
My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:
1) Let HR and my manager know I'm pregnant
2) Stop keeping my pregnancy a secret
3) Use my afternoons to be VERY productive so I can still get the rest I need during this crazy moving week
4) Get 8 hours of sleep every night
5) Take each day one at a time, lower my standards, and don't let the move or any outside event allow me to become stressed