11 weeks pregnant! (12/11/11)
Two thoughts this week. First, not to belabor the nausea, but for my own record, let me explain what I’m feeling like right now. I wake up first thing feeling nauseated. I know I need to eat, so I’ve rearranged my morning to shower after breakfast. After breakfast, I feel good for about 30 minutes and then the nausea starts to come back. Once it’s strong enough to bother me, I usually eat an apple or banana (or a less healthy snack if I’m not prepared). The nausea either doesn’t go away or it goes away briefly and then I just try to ignore it until lunch. No matter what I eat for lunch, the nauseated-probably-need-to-eat feeling is almost immediately replaced by the nauseated-I-feel-way-overfull feeling. This then lasts from early afternoon until I go to sleep. It’s a feeling like if I just lean over, I'd throw up. I’ll still eat dinner, but I don’t really want it. I then sleep as propped up as I can until I wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee. Then I’m back to just feeling regular nauseated, which I try to ignore so I can go back to sleep.
There is no question now that Jack’s pregnancy was easy and that this is much harder. Which is why I’m convinced I’m having a girl. (My mom was very sick with all 3 of her daughters, but not my brother.) I’m still very optimistic this will pass by 13-14 weeks like “the majority of pregnant woman” (quoting pregnancy books), but so far no relief.
The second thing I wanted to say is how appreciative I feel of my mother. My parents came to visit for Jack’s birthday and my mom stayed on a week to help me pack and take care of Jack. I’m not sure there are many other people who have the ability to be as selfless as she is. (I know I don’t have this ability.) She got up with Jack every morning, got him ready, fixed us breakfast, did the dishes, watched Jack or helped me with moving tasks, washed our clothes, folded our laundry, cooked us dinner, gave Jack baths, played with him, etc. It was such a help as I did need to focus on packing and it’s been so much harder to stay on top of everything lately. I got to have a vacation, yet stay in my own home, and still get to play with my child. And as a fringe benefit, I also got a lot of design help as I shopped for curtains, bathroom accessories, mirrors, etc. THANK YOU MOM!
Week Eleven Stats:
How I know I'm pregnant: nausea, nightly peeing, still have feeling that I can sense where baby is because there is a dense feeling in my belly, and strangers are now commenting on my pregnancy!!!!! At 10 weeks!!! Also wore maternity pants for the first time.
Diet: Eating much more of a variety, though I’m still averse to certain foods and am still not all that excited about eating
My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week (how I did)
1) Let HR and my manager know I'm pregnant (√)
2) Stop keeping my pregnancy a secret (√)
3) Use my afternoons to be VERY productive so I can still get the rest I need during this crazy moving week (√ - but on Wednesday the move got pushed back to next weekend bc the new house wasn’t ready so I wasn’t as productive the rest of the week)
4) Get 8 hours of sleep every night (7.5-8.5 hours depending on night)
5) Take each day one at a time, lower my standards, and don't let the move or any outside event allow me to become stressed (did pretty well with this)
My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:
1) Go to bed by 10:00 and get 8 hours of sleep each night.
2) Stay calm and organized as we prepare for our second estimated moving date (Saturday, December 17).
3) Go to my second appointment with the midwives and hopefully hear the baby's heartbeat