Well I didn't get my wish that these contractions would just go away. I thought they were fading away last weekend, but they picked right back up Monday. They definitely are more frequent at some points in the day (though not necessarily at any consistent time of day) coming 5-7 an hour, but most of the time I just have about 2-4 an hour. There have been a few that have been a little painful, but mostly they are just uncomfortable.
I saw a fetal medicine specialist on Monday but she didn't offer any insight as to why I was having them. My cervix is still closed so they are not causing me to go into labor. I met with my midwife on Tuesday and mapped out a plan that I feel good about. I'm going to be checked weekly by them, rather than their covering doctor (since I'm not going into labor, I'm not high risk, just need to have closer surveillance to make sure things don't change.) I'm also going to switch to seeing a different fetal medicine specialist that is less interventionist (the other one wanted me to come in weekly and start medicine right away.) This new doctor didn't have an opening until next week, but I feel fine with that.
I'm definitely making an effort to take it easier. It's hard to say if that helps with the contractions since I honestly feel them the most when I am sitting/laying down. Jacob continues to be really helpful and supportive, which makes things a lot easier with caring for Jack. I still feel unsure what to expect, but without a crystal ball, I guess we just take it one day at a time and watch for any changes in the frequency/intensity of contractions.
25 weeks pregnant with Jack
25 weeks pregnant with baby girl
It's official - I am bigger this go-round as this shirt wasn't really covering my belly today and I was wearing it a while past this point last time.
Week Twenty-Five Stats:
How I know I'm pregnant: obviously the contractions, the large belly, and the increasing feeling of fatigue/heft, where I notice the extra weight (person) I'm carrying around
My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week (how I did):
1) Continue to monitor how I'm feeling and how many contractions I'm having; I know what to watch for, so I just want to be aware (yes, still writing them down)
2) Gradually get back to my normal routines but pay attention to how my body is responding (yep, plan to take same approach this week)
3) Not disregard my need to feel comfortable with my doctors and bring this up at my midwife appointment on Tuesday (had this conversation, which went well, and had Jacob there to make sure I covered everything)
My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:
1) Continue to make conscious effort not to overdo it
2) Go to bed before 10 since I'm having trouble sleeping
3) Let my parents spoil me/us during their visit next weekend and take advantage of some extra couch time :)