Saturday, July 28, 2012

Need a Stitch Fix?

In reading my friend Jessica's blog, I learned about Stitch Fix. The name is great.  Basically, when you feel the itch for new clothes, the company will mail you a package of 5 items selected based on a style profile you have completed.  You get to say what types of clothes you are looking for, describe your body type, and rate various outfits as to whether you love them, hate them, etc.

I loved the concept because I'm feeling both excited about the return of "my" body post-pregnancy and my usual inadequacy when it comes to style/fashion.  I'd love some help bringing new looks into my wardrobe!

So who is this a good fit for?  Someone who wants to buy new clothes and wants to be a little more adventurous.  You decide when you want a stitch fix and commit $20.  The items are then selected and sent to you.  If you don't like anything, you can choose to return all 5 items in the pre-paid shipping envelope and you'd be out the $20.  If you choose even one item, the $20 is applied toward the total of that item.  So again, if you are looking to purchase new clothes and are open to something new, then to me, this is a great arrangement!  (and all within the comfort of your home) :)

If you are interested in checking it out, use this link and I'll get a referral credit.

So how did it work out for me?  First, I got a lot of laughs filling out the style profile and affirming that yes, I'm not very stylish.  (It didn't say that, but it was easy to determine this myself!!)  I bet the company knows this too based on my "Any final comments?" remark about me being a nursing mother so easy access shirts/dresses being my priority. :) 

I kept this shirt.  I liked some of the other items but they were a little short for my mommy self :)



The shirt in action





No comments: