- Her nickname is Cora-bell.
- She weighed 14 lbs, 2 oz and was 23 1/4 inches at her 2 month apptmt. That's a big girl!
- She has an AWESOME smile - it is a sweet, full-on, quiet smile and she pulls it out when she sees either her Mommy or her Daddy.
- She has started making some "talking" noises - they are so quiet and sweet - little tiny coos and goos.
- She is gradually going longer between feedings - she went 8 days only waking once between 3/4 a.m. The last two nights, not so much, but hopefully that was just a fluke.
- She is the easiest nurser! She eats on one side only, takes about 5 minutes, and then is set for another 2-3 hours.
- She spends most of the morning trying to sleep, but seems to always get woken up (hello Jack). She then eventually conks out for a 2-4 hour nap late morning or early afternoon when I can get her in a quiet spot.
- She is very loved by the rest of us and we are all really enjoying having a baby in the house.
- I love potty-trained children!
- His hair grows crazy fast! We are cutting it every 6 weeks, but he starts looking like he needs a cut after three.
- He is unpredictable these days! 95% of his interactions with Cora are sweet (rocking her chair when she cries, putting her paci back in, and hundreds of kisses), but I never know when the 5% is going to come out! Little stressful!
- He is enamored, in love, passionate and all other similar words about fire trucks! A visit to the fire station makes him positively giddy. He spends hours building fire stations and making fire trucks out of LEGOS. He plays fireman a lot and can do a mean fire engine siren.
- I started cooking again last week and cooked 5 interesting meals in 8 days + a birthday cake + cookies. Part of this was because we were on vacation, but I'm pretty proud of myself. My favorites: NY Times chocolate chip cookie recipe, pork chop meal, and quinoa salad.
- After many hours of studying, Jacob successfully passed both his finance and accounting courses. Next up, "Finance 2" and Managing Change.
- We now have sweet olive trees, fig and lemon trees, blueberry and blackberry bushes, and some grape vines planted.
|Jack at 10 weeks|
|Cora at 8 weeks|