Sunday, November 21, 2010

New England Trip - Day Two

I was up and ready to play at 6:30 this morning. Mom says that this is her vacation too, so Dad watched me while she went to the gym. I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast and then just as we were all about ready to leave, I decided that I needed to take an early nap. So Mom and Dad shut the curtains and I napped (sort of) for an hour to rev up for my day out in Portland.

At 10, we finally made it outside. I was bundled up well for the 30 degree temperatures.


We walked around town and along the water.



Then my dad took us to tour the Shipyard Brewery. I tried to pay attention to the 20 minute video, but I was bored. My mom brought this really cool light-up fish that my doctor gave me last week, so I had fun with that instead.

For lunch, I tried some new things: clam chowder and lobster! Combine that with some bread and applesauce and I was a happy guy! My mom let dad pick the lunch spot, so she got to pick out dessert. She got some gingerbread (which she didn't share) but I did get a sample of a pumpkin scone.

My dad then took us to tour a mead maker. Mead is wine made from honey. (You see my dad is a brewer and finds all of this very interesting.) You might think I didn't learn much as I was talking and drooling up a storm while dad was getting the spiel, but I actually was listening and learned that the brewing process used there was cutting edge and could revolutionize the craft beer industry in the next decade, so there.

I then fell asleep in my stroller for a nice 2 hour nap. My parents were cold so they wheeled me back to the hotel and read during my nap. They are both almost done with their first books. We then went to T.J.Maxx, Dad's favorite store and I watched them try on winter hats for 20 minutes. (I don't know why I didn't get to try on hats - I would have looked way cuter than them.)

For dinner, we went to Local 188, a spot my friend Chaya recommended. I made best friends with the waitress, who kept bringing me the ends of baguettes to chew on. I also talked with several other tables - I hit it off best with single women, grandmas and moms. I tried gnocchi, risotto, mussels, and starfish, all of which I liked.

Another great day on vacation!! (Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE this hotel?!)


1 comment:

ba said...

That hallway picture is shades of the 'Shining'!

Grammy