Friday, February 03, 2012

19 weeks

19 weeks pregnant (2/4/12)

This was not my best week. There were some definite bright spots, but overall I did not handle well the fact that Jack didn't nap 4 out of 5 days. The only day he went down was when Jacob was home to put him down. The other days, he called for me on and off the whole time he was in his room. Since he both climbed to sit on the rail of his crib and was doing headstands in his crib, we had to shift to the big boy bed...which he can get out of....which leads to multiple trips up and down the stairs for me. Hopefully next week will be better.

In other news, I've started thinking about the things I want to accomplish before the baby arrives, and so I thought I'd post a list and then see where I'm at at the start of March, April, May, and June (wow - still a ways to the due date, but we are in no rush!)

To-Do List Before Baby
1) Jack's Room: Buy big boy furniture and move Jack from nursery to big boy bed in his room
2) Nursery: Decorate nursery to welcome new baby (who I still think is a girl, so I'm imagining flower pictures, red and orange colors, and a colorful dresser)
3) Dining Room: Finish decorating - we need bar stools, at least one piece of furniture to sit on, and to hang pictures
4) Our bedroom: Find places for this pile and turn this corner into a nursing/reading/relaxing nook with a glider + ottoman

5) Porch: Clean off our porch and start using it - meaning buy some porch furniture
6) Backyard: Test our backyard for lead, remediate if need be, landscape, possibly put up a back fence, and make it a place that will be fun for Jack to play outside this summer
7) Baby Supplies: We only NEED new cloth diapers, upgraded changing table, a toilet bowl sprayer, a double stroller, and some summer newborn clothes since Jack was born in December. I'm sure we'll pick up other things for fun.

We'll see if any of this gets knocked out in the next month!


19 weeks pregnant with Baby # 2 (Thanks for the shirt Julie!)

19 weeks pregnant with Jack

Week Nineteen Stats:

How I know I'm pregnant: BAD backache that thankfully went away this weekend and stronger movements

Diet:
There is a definite need to lay off the sweets! Otherwise, I've eaten lots of oatmeal, fruit, cheese, and bread - those are my staples in addition to whatever is for dinner.

My healthy pregnancy intentions for last week
(how I did):

1) Go to the gym 1-2x. (1x - yep; other days went on long walks with Jack)

2) Take time throughout the day to do my pelvic tilts to try to stay on top of the backache. (most days, yes)

3) Plan out meals for the week that involve COOKING and healthy food. (I cooked 3 nights in a row - I was really proud of myself for this!)

My healthy pregnancy intentions for this week:

1) Midwife appointment on Tuesday

2) Start prenatal yoga on Thursday

3) Eat no more than 1 dessert a day (yes, I normally eat two)

No comments: