Friday, November 02, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 1

I don't know how I can post daily blogs, but on the other hand, I love the idea of focusing on gratitude during this month of Thanksgiving.  My friend Jessica has inspired me to try.

Rules: Keep it short and sweet.

I am grateful for Jacob/Jake.  It amuses me how this one person has two names to me.  I met him and knew him as "Jake" and it was only years later that I realize that he had grown up as Jacob.  Thus my family and SC friends know him as Jake.  Most people in New Orleans know him as Jacob.  When I introduce him, Jacob Landry sounds right to me, Jake Landry sounds wrong.  Jack knows him as Jacob Daddy Landry.  Most of the time I call him Jacob.  But sometimes he's Jake.

But mainly he's the best thing that ever happened to me because he's given me the best things that have ever happened to me.  I believe God led us to each other.  I mean how else would a boy from rural Louisiana and a girl from small town South Carolina who never lived in the same place end up meeting?  (Future Business Leaders of America National Conference in case you don't know the story.)

Just last night, a woman (wife and mother) said "It's easy to just coexist with your husband when you are so focused on your kids, but I think it's important to remember that it all began with the two of you and it will end with just the two of you.  If your marriage isn't solid, then what do you really have?"

We are IN this parenting thing right now and it isn't easy, but I'm so grateful to have such an amazing life partner. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is so sweet! Children definitely change your marriage, and it's so easy to forget why you fell in love in the first place. Jacob is lucky to have you too!