Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 12

A Good Night of Sleep! 

Even though there were piles, disarray, and no plan for the week (admission: I write out a weekly plan on Sunday and it is my guide to making sure we stay organized and things get accomplished), I went to bed early (at 9:00) last night. 
Post-it Weekly Planner, 17 15/16 Inches x 11 15/16 Inches, 52 Sheets plus 2 Inches x 2 Inches Notes (730-CAL-BB)
I slept straight till 4am when rain woke me up.  Then, like all mothers of young sleepers, I was worried about why my baby hadn't woken me up since she'd been asleep since 7:30.  I checked on her and she stirred, so I fed her.  Then I went back to bed for a whole additional hour.  I got up at 5:30 thinking I'd accomplish much of what I wanted to last night, but of course both Cora and Jack were up for good at 6, so only some of the disarray went away, BUT I feel great today!  It's amazing what 7 straight hours of sleep will do for a person.  This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time I've had this in the calendar year of 2012 thanks to pregnancy and a newborn, so I'm riding high today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel you!!! I have a 6 month old and she still wakes me 1-2 times a night. I also have a 5 and 3 year old. Life is grand but exhausting! Love your blog.