Sunday, September 07, 2014

Mommy's having a baby!

8.5 weeks - 8/12/14

My initial plan was to tell Jack about the new baby after our 8 week ultrasound.  But I jumped the gun by about a week because it's easy to spill good news.  He was excited in the moment, but the heartwarming moment came that night when he announced that he wanted to put up signs around town that said "Mommy's having a baby."  He then proceeded to make one for both the fire and police departments :)

Besides wanting to wait until we saw a healthy baby on an ultrasound, Jack would also be heading straight off to SC for a week to "Grammy Camp" so I figured if he wanted to tell people, it would be better for him not to be in New Orleans right after learning the news.  With our early announcement, I knew  he'd probably spill the beans at least some...which he did:

  • Amidst coloring during Children's Church class "Mommy's having a baby" Jack announces to my co-teacher.  No harm there, he didn't announce it anywhere else (like in front of church during Children's Time - it could have happened.)

  • At a cook-out with friends: "My mommy has a baby in her tummy."  This was said at several points so that all our friends left learning our news.

  • Once safely in SC, at my parent's church to someone he'd never met before: "My mommy has a baby in her belly."

I'm so excited he is excited :)  Cora will also say that "Mommy have baby" but she, of course, doesn't really appreciate what big news this is for our family.  Jack understands our family is growing and I love that he is happy about this fact.

We were excited to see this little one on our ultrasound and to know that everything looks normal.  After a few days of seeming to feel better, my nausea has picked up and it is no fun.  I look very much forward to feeling better and being able to enjoy food again!!!

No comments: